- Preheat the oven to 190°C. To make the pastry, put the flour, butter and salt in Braun’s MQ 70 food processor accessory with its kneading hook. Attach a suitable hand blender and knead at high speed until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs - even and smooth just like handmade.
- While the motor is running, use the filling tube to conveniently add the egg yolks and cold water and keep kneading at high speed to get an even smoother dough.
- Remove the dough from the accessory, wrap in cling film and leave to rest for at least 15 minutes in the fridge, then roll the pastry out thinly on a floured work surface to about 2 mm thickness.
- Line a baking tray with the pastry and prick the pastry with a fork. Switch your Braun Hand blender to its MQ10 whisk accessory and beat the egg directly in the 600 ml beaker. Then brush the edges with the beaten egg to glaze, and put it back in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Add the grating disc to the Braun’s MQ 20 chopper accessory, attach the hand blender again, and grate the Cheddar cheese. Cook the leek slices with the butter in a saucepan over a low heat until just soft. Put the cheese, bacon, eggs yolks, cream and nutmeg in a bowl and mix well. Add the cooked leeks and season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the prepared pastry case and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.