- 90 mins
- 30 mins
- Attach Braun’s MQ 70 food processor to a suitable hand blender. Place the flour, salt and yeast in the MQ 70 food processor accessory and attach kneading hook. Mix water and oil in the food processor accessory and leave for a few minutes. Start at slowest speed and continue kneading until dough is smooth. At the same time, add the water/ oil mixture through the filling tube. Place the dough in a large, flour-dusted bowl, cover and leave to rise for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200 - 220°C. Fry the bacon in frying pan until cooked and slightly crisp.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1 cm thick - the thinner the dough, the crispier the crust will be. Press into a 20cm x 30cm lightly greased baking tray.
- In order to conveniently prepare the topping, insert the slicing insert into the MQ 70 food processor accessory and perfectly dice the apples and red onions - without eyes even watering. Sprinkle mixture over dough.
- Use the easy click mechanism to quickly switch to Braun’s MQ 20 chopper accessory and chop the walnuts until roughly crumbled. Then sprinkle crumbled blue cheese, chopped walnuts and crispy bacon over the dough. Scatter with fresh sage leaves and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the crust is crispy and golden brown. Garnish with fresh sage leaves before serving.